ways to foster
choose foster wales cardiff
Foster Wales Cardiff is part of a national network of 22 Welsh Local Authority fostering services, all working together towards the same goal. Our purpose is to support and empower foster carers and build the brightest possible futures for local children – not to make profit.
If you are an existing foster carer and you do not foster as part of your Local Authority yet, you can transfer to Foster Wales.
benefits of fostering with local authority
Every child who needs a foster carer is the responsibility of the Local Authority. So, it makes sense to work with the Local Authority service, Foster Wales.
It is not only our passion to help local children live happy, safe and stable lives, but it is our purpose. We’re based in the community, so have a detailed understanding of the challenges that may arise, and the local support services on hand.
Coming into care can be very unsettling for a child, by fostering for your local authority children are able to stay local ensuring they have as much familiarity as possible.
what we offer at foster wales Cardiff
- Generous financial rewards. Fostering 1 child for a year is equivalent to a £25,000 salary
- A comprehensive package of support, including specialist support groups
- Access to in house therapeutic ‘enfys’ services
- A range of training courses to support learning and development
- CADW membership
- Free or discounted tickets to family-friendly concerts happening in Cardiff